If you can’t find something to wear to a special event, such as a job interview or a wedding, then you probably have a closet that is filled with the wrong types of garments. This is caused by keeping old clothing that no longer fits properly or that suits your current lifestyle. You might avoid taking the time to try on clothing to ensure that it fits, and also, you may think that it is wasteful to get rid of the expensive garments that no longer work for you. However, this is one of the best ways to overcome the problem of having nothing to wear.
It is essential to get rid of the clutter in a closet by sorting through every garment to determine if it fits. When a shirt, dress, skirt or slacks doesn’t fit, it is often possible to revamp the garment with an alteration or some type of updating. If you can’t refresh or revamp a garment, then recycle it by giving the item to a charitable organization. Next, rather than scurrying to nearby stores to grab garments from the sale racks, arrange an appointment with an expert who can help you to make better clothing choices.
A personal image consultant can help you in a variety of ways, including:
- Closet organization to group garments appropriately
- Choosing the best colors of garments for your skin tone
- Understanding your body’s type to select the proper garments
- Selecting clothing that suits your personality
- Using facial makeup to augment your personal appearance and clothing
- Having an understanding of the current fashion trends
- Shopping in stores to find garments that work for you
- Finding accessories that include scarves, handbags or jewelry
- Buying footwear that will work with each outfit
You will learn to avoid impulse purchases or listening to eager salesclerks because this is a waste of your money, leading to closets that are full of clothing that you really don’t like. With professional fashion advice at our studio or in your home, we can determine what clothing colors are best for you. With a shopping trip, you can learn how to look for the garments that are best for your body’s type. While these garments may cost more than the ones on the clearance racks, you are investing in clothing that will work for your lifestyle.
Our goal is to teach you how to use a high-quality garment in multiple ways to save time, money and frustration, so you should call us today to update your wardrobe in 2020.