Getting Fit, Staying Healthy and Looking Good is what everywoman strives and dreams about. Whether you’re trying to carve away a few pounds, revamp your wardrobe, desire a new look or you’ve simply decided to be happy and accept the way you are.
Keep in mind if you make the decision to change your life it will happen and it will work for you. By making this decision you will acquire that new zest in your walk, sparkle in your eye, glow in your skin and that smile on your face. We have no doubt that people around you will start noticing the change in you. Therefore we would like to discuss today how to have flat abs get fit and look great.
5 Diet Tweaks For Flat Abs
(By Manny Elturk a personal trainer and a lifestyle coach)
As you may know exercise alone will not deliver the miracle everyone expect however a good healthy living will set you free and contribute to great lifestyle that you deserve. Below I have compiled 5 very easy tweaks to your eating habits that will dramatically flatten your abs.??
Diet Tweak #1: Don’t eat after 6pm
- This is such a simple and effective way to lose fat. Late night eating is the most damaging to your waistline, so cut it out completely.
- ?Brush your teeth immediately following dinner. Once your teeth are brushed, you’ve put a period to the end of your consumption for the day. Change your evening routine. If you’ve always ended your day watching your favorite shows with your hand in the snack bowl, then now is the time to change things up. Find activities that don’t revolve around food and stick with those.
- Make it a habit. The first few weeks will be the hardest, but soon your new no-food-after-6pm routine will feel normal.
Diet Tweak #2: Cut back on carbs
Notice I didn’t say to cut out all carbs, but rather to cut back on carbs. These diet tweaks are meant as lifestyle changes that you stick with long term. Cutting back on carbs is a realistic and very effective way to lose weight.
- Always choose whole grain bread and pasta over white. Whole grains are less likely to be stored as fat than processed grains.
- Eat half of the carbs you normally do. Eat your sandwich open-faced and reduce the size of your pasta serving.
- Avoid carb-filled snacks between meals. Instead of crackers or chips, have fresh fruit and veggies.
Diet Tweak #3: Eat more fiber
Most people simply do not get enough fiber in their diets. Fiber is essential when it comes to getting lean since it is low calorie while filling you up.
- Instead of seeing salad just as a side item, make salads into meals. Add protein to a large pile of greens for a guiltless meal. *Try the recipe for Grilled Salmon and Peach Salad below.
- Make veggies a part of every meal. The benefits of eating more vegetables are too numerous to list, just know that your body will become healthier and leaner with each fibrous bite.
- Fruits are a delicious source of fiber. Incorporate fresh, seasonal fruits into your daily diet.
Diet Tweak #4: Drink tons of water
Drinking plenty of water is another extremely simple way to promote weight loss. Chronic dehydration leads to false hunger signals and unnecessary calorie consumption.
- Drink a large glass of water before each meal. This will prevent overeating.
- Choose water instead of sugar-filled sodas and juices. Sugar-filled drinks are a huge weight-gain trap.
- Carry a water bottle with you throughout your day. Keep water in the car and at your desk for constant hydration.
Diet Tweak #5: Enjoy natural sweets
- Traditional sugar-filled sweets will quickly add up around your waistline. Instead of going for sugary sweets, enjoy natural sweets.
- Fruit is nature’s candy. Reach for sweet, seasonal fruit for dessert.
- Avoid foods that contain white sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Consider these items ‘anti-flat-abs’.
- Use wholesome sweeteners such as pure maple syrup, brown rice syrup or dates in your recipes instead of white sugar. Eliminate white sugar from your kitchen.
Eating right, coupled with challenging exercise, is the formula for a toned, lean body – so guarantee your results by teaming up with me.
Together we will come up with a fitness plan that is uniquely yours, one that fits your lifestyle and brings you promptly to your goals. Call or email today [email protected]?to get started.
It?s OK to Cheat
Does the thought of eating healthy everyday make your head spin? Establish a weekly “Cheat Day” where you allow yourself a taste of all your favorite indulgences.
It’s OK to cheat once a week ? just indulge with control, and stick with your clean eating habits on all other days. At ByFerial we are always on the lookout to empower and inspire our reader into looking and feeling their best with our topics and tips on Image, Fashion, Beauty, Fitness and Etiquette. If there is any particular topic you would like us to blog about please let us know [email protected]