Style Personality profiles are a tool to visually create cohesion and harmony and a wardrobe that suits you.
Many of us are unaware of why we choose to wear certain items or adopt a specific style, which has likely become a preference over time. Yet, whether conscious or not, our clothing speaks volumes to those around us and ourselves.
When it comes to self-assurance, wearing the right clothes acts like a powerful shield that helps us not only appear confident but actually to feel that way and carry ourselves accordingly.
That’s why identifying your unique style personality is so important. When used correctly, it makes you feel comfortable in your skin. Wearing CLOTHING THAT SUITS YOUR PERSONALITY IGNITES SELF-CONFIDENCE and drives you to perform at a higher level in all aspects of your life.
What is Style Personality?
Your style personality comprises your personality, preferences, and lifestyle choices expressed through your clothing. These choices range from the silhouettes and colors you select, including hats, shoes, makeup, and everything in between. Ultimately, your style reflects WHO YOU ARE AND HOW YOU WISH TO BE PERCEIVED.
7 Different Style Personalities
For those who appreciate living a fashionable lifestyle, knowing their style personality can be a great way to hone in on what pieces genuinely speak to their unique fashion sense.
The ByFERIAL Image & Color Institute has identified 7 main styles of personalities: Sporty/Natural, Classic/Traditional, Elegant/Chic, Feminine/Romantic, Sexy/Alluring and Dramatic/Striking
1. Classic/Traditional: Characterized by its poise, elegance, cohesiveness, simplicity, coordination, and chicness, a classic style usually employs color-coordinated neutrals to achieve an overall crisp and clean look.
2. Dramatic/Striking: The dramatic style personality exudes confidence, bringing glamour and commanding attention with its bold statement pieces and intricate details. Those who embrace this style don’t shy away from high contrast and vibrant colors – each outfit speaks volumes and draws heads in admiration.
3. Sporty/Natural: Consisting of easy-to-wear, loose-fitting outfits, like jeans and a nice top, but with stylish detail, the neutral look offers a relaxed and low-maintenance aesthetic.
4. Creative/Original: Daring and original, eager to take risks and unafraid to stand out from the crowd, the creative is eclectic, with bold colors and textures like leather and sequins, that draw attention and spark conversations. They make their own fashion rules and embrace a highly individualized style.
5. Feminine/Romantic: Delicate lace, floral prints, and even netting and bows are commonly seen on those with this fashion sense. Colors are usually light shades that exude a gentle feel, such as pastels or whites.
6. Sexy/Alluring: Characterized by a love of bold, eye-catching clothing. They often gravitate towards clothes that are form-fitting and show off their curves. They also enjoy wearing bright colors and patterns, and they aren’t afraid to experiment with different looks.
7. Elegant/Chic: They love timeless, classic pieces. They often gravitate towards clothes that are well-made and understated, and they prefer neutral colors and simple designs. They also enjoy wearing clothes that make them feel sophisticated and put-together.
“Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are,
what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace.
How to Identify Your Style Personality
The power of fashion lies in how it can make you feel more confident, help you stand out from the crowd, and express your identity.
Here’s how to embrace your style, and be rewarded with NEWFOUND CONFIDENCE AND INDIVIDUALITY:
Know Your Body Type
Understanding your physical shape is the foundation of the whole fashion process. It’s not to say that body type dictates what you should wear, but you should consider it when deciding what to put on. By recognizing your best features, you can wear clothing that flatters them in the best possible way.
Know Your Personality
Your clothing should reflect who you are on the inside. Take a moment to examine yourself. Are you outgoing or shy? Do you like to draw attention to yourself or stay out of the spotlight? Consider these questions to gain an understanding of your identity. Doing this will be beneficial to finding the fashion style that resonates with your being.
Assess Your Closet
Take some time to go through your closet. Consider the clothing you have purchased in the past few years, the pieces that you gravitate to most, the items that have yet to be worn, the clothing you impulsively bought and things that you hope to be able to fit into someday. Each of these garments has stories, and it is evident that the clothes you continuously wear reflect your taste in style.
Find Your Color Palette
The power of color in fashion is undeniable. From influencing our moods to forming our first impressions, it can drastically affect our overall look; if you want to discover colors that best flatter you and your natural coloring, the 4X4 Color System (16 Seasons)® course is an excellent choice.
“What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today
when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” —Miuccia Prada.
Get Expert Help From The ByFERIAL Image & Color Institute
The ByFERIAL Image & Color Institute is a professional global image consulting and color analysis training program for professionals worldwide. Launched in 2000 by Ferial Youakim, we provide technical training and certifications in personal styling.
Our Certified Personal Stylist and Image Consultant Training Course has helped thousands of people to uncover and embrace their best personal style and feel comfortable in their skin. You, too, can learn how to look and feel your best!